Vermont Enterprise Journal In the present day, eBay introduced the winners of its annual vendor recognition program, the SHINE Awards for Small Enterprise. Denise Martell, of Al’s Snowmobile Components Warehouse in Newport, was one of many 5 winners. The award program highlights the efforts and success of small companies throughout the nation and acknowledges the entrepreneurs who’ve used eBay to assist construct profitable companies.
“We had been thrilled to obtain 1000’s of submissions from sellers throughout the U.S. for the SHINE Awards for Small Enterprise,” stated Hal Lawton, Senior Vice President of eBay North America. “Our sellers are what makes eBay the colourful market it’s at the moment. This 12 months’s winners actually exemplify what it means to develop a best-in-class enterprise on eBay and we could not be prouder to honor them with these awards.”
The SHINE Awards Grand Prize Winner and eBay’s 2017 Small Enterprise of the 12 months is Angie Cardona-Nelson. Her enterprise, eWaste Direct, is an eco-friendly enterprise that diverts digital waste from landfills by recycling and refurbishing used electronics. Over the course of 9 years, eWaste Direct has diverted over 7 million kilos of e-waste from landfills and has gone from a income ratio of 80% recycling to over 80% resale.
Winners from every of the 5 classes had been additionally acknowledged onstage:
- Rising Star: Katy Zilverberg, A Boutique for Him. Katy left her conventional 9-to-5 job to pursue a profession in small enterprise consulting. It wasn’t lengthy earlier than she realized promoting on eBay was her true calling – and he or she went all in, rising her gross sales at a staggering fee. In the present day, A Boutique for Him is a full-time eBay boutique specializing in a males’s clothes.
- International Enterprise: Denise Martell, Al’s Snowmobile Components Warehouse. As a seasonal enterprise primarily based in rural Vermont, Denise made the choice to increase her father’s snowmobile enterprise and supply extra cashflow within the off season by promoting on eBay – and by no means seemed again. In the present day Denise exports between 30-40% of her merchandise to international locations everywhere in the world.
- Minority or Girl-Owned Enterprise: Melissa Criminal, Sticky Fingers Vinyl. A single mom with 4 kids, Melissa knew she wanted a solution to help herself and her household discovering a distinct segment within the on-line craft market. She now has a thriving enterprise promoting vinyl product to crafting professionals and expanded to a 11,000+ sq. ft. warehouse with six workers.
- Charitable Enterprise: Nancy Meyer, Neighborhood Forklift. Nancy based Neighborhood Forklift to “raise up the neighborhood” by recycling and reselling undesirable and salvaged constructing supplies all through the metro DC area. To boost much more funds, the group leverages our eBay for Charity program. Since 2011, Neighborhood Forklift has additionally supplied $250,000 price of supplies to neighbors in want.
- Younger Entrepreneur: Ciara Brown, The Diamond Hanger. With an entrepreneurial spirit and fervour for locating that diamond within the tough, Ciara created a flourishing clothes enterprise out of her school dorm room whereas juggling her time as a full-time school scholar and Division I athlete.
Denise Martell (in pink jacket), Al’s Snowmobile Components Warehouse in Newport, with different SHINE finalists. eBay picture.
The eBay SHINE Awards winners had been chosen from greater than 2,400 submissions that got here from throughout the U.S. Submissions matched eBay’s breadth and depth of companies and merchandise on the location with entries from model new companies simply beginning out on eBay to international, multi-million greenback enterprises and entries from each class – from vogue to homewares to automotive elements.
The eBay neighborhood had an opportunity to vote on 15 chosen finalists for class winners: three in every of the 5 classes. Practically 30,000 votes had been forged for the class winners by 1000’s of voters. Impartial from the neighborhood voting, the Grand Prize Winner and eBay’s 2017 Small Enterprise of the 12 months was chosen by a panel of professional judges together with Brent Bellm, CEO of BigCommerce, Anita Campbell, Founding father of Small Enterprise Developments, John Henry, host of eBay’s Open for Enterprise podcast, Hal Lawton, SVP, North America, eBay and Laurie Wong, Proprietor, Reflections of Trinity and eBay’s 2016 Small Enterprise of the 12 months.
The SHINE Awards winners obtain a collection of prizes and advertising and marketing instruments to assist take their enterprise to the following stage. This features a money prize, $10,000 for the grand prize winner and $5,000 for every of the 5 class winners, a one-year Anchor retailer subscription, credit for eBay transport provides and promoted listings and extra.
For info on the SHINE Awards for Small Enterprise, pictures of the winners and extra, please see go to ebay.com/shineawards.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a world commerce chief together with the Market, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we join thousands and thousands of patrons and sellers around the globe, empowering individuals and creating alternative by means of Linked Commerce. Based in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is among the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for locating nice worth and distinctive choice. In 2016, eBay enabled $84 billion of gross merchandise quantity. For extra details about the corporate and its international portfolio of on-line manufacturers, go to www.ebayinc.com.
SOURCE: SAN JOSE, Calif., July 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — eBay Inc. http://www.ebay.com
Supply By https://vermontbiz.com/information/2017/july/31/vermonter-shines-ebay-award