SIDNEY — The Auditor of State Award with Distinction award was offered to town of Sidney’s Finance Division Monday night through the Sidney Metropolis Council assembly.
Joe Braden, western regional liaison with the Ohio Auditor of State’s workplace, offered Finance Officer Renee DuLaney with the Ohio Auditor of State Award with Distinction for the finance division’s audit of yr ended Dec. 31, 2020. The town has obtained the Ohio Auditor of State award since 2004.
“All senior administrators, division heads in addition to your complete Metropolis group are to be congratulated for sustaining a system of excellent inside controls,” Braden mentioned, noting town of Sidney has earned this award so many instances that he yearly places it on his calendar to go to Sidney, in expectation of presenting the award.
Braden identified entities that obtain this award meet the next standards of a “clear” audit report upon the next circumstances:
• The entity should file well timed monetary reviews with the Auditor of State’s workplace within the type of a Complete Annual Monetary Report (CAFR);
• The audit report doesn’t include any findings for restoration, materials citations, materials weaknesses, important deficiencies, single audit findings or questioned prices;
• The entity’s administration letter incorporates no feedback associated to ethics referrals, questioned prices lower than $10,000, lack of well timed report submission, reconciliation, failure to acquire a well timed single audit, findings for restoration lower than $100, public conferences or public data.
In different enterprise, Metropolis Council adopted an ordinance that makes adjustments to town’s tree ordinance. The aim of the adjustments to the ordinance, metropolis employees members famous, was to deliver it replace and are available consistent with metropolis practices.
The town already trims timber on non-public property if it causes an instantaneous hazard to the general public. The ordinance adjustments make clear town’s authority to chop, trim, prune, and/or take away timber/shrubs on non-public property with out discover, beneath the next circumstances.
• The town’s arborist, or contracted metropolis tree consultant, determines the tree or shrub, or any portion thereof is lifeless, or in any other case so diseased or broken such that it constitutes an instantaneous hazard to the security of individuals or property;
• The tree or shrub interferes with the right unfold of sunshine alongside the road from a road gentle;
• The tree or shrub interferes with the visibility of any site visitors management machine or signal;
• The tree or shrub obstructs the view of any road, alley or street-alley intersection;
• The tree or shrub doesn’t present a transparent house of both eight toes above any floor of the sidewalk or 14 toes above the floor of a road, alley or different right-of-way;
• The tree or shrub harbors bugs or illness which constitutes a possible well being risk or security hazard to different timber inside the metropolis.
Yearly, Public Works Director Jon Crusey mentioned, town hires a tree service to eliminated lifeless and/or harmful road timber. The tree service additionally cuts, trims and prunes timber on non-public property that intervene with the visibility of site visitors management units and indicators or that hinder the view of any road, alley or street-alley intersection. The availability within the earlier tree ordinance authorizing town to prune or take away timber that represent a public hazard is situated in the identical part that requires notification to property house owners and billing for such pruning and removing. The notification provision can be very detrimental to town’s annual tree upkeep program, he famous.
Council members Darryl Thurber and Steve Wagner voiced concern in regards to the ordinance, particularly concerning the truth that householders could also be unable to be notified previous to a tree being trimmed or reduce down. Public Works Director Jon Crusey and Legislation Director Jeff Amick mentioned these adjustments within the ordinance authorizes nothing totally different than what town already practices. Crusey beforehand mentioned metropolis employees will surely make each try and contact property house owners about the issue with their tree previous to chopping a lifeless or harmful tree down.
The ordinance handed with a 4 to 2 vote, with Thurber and Wagner voting no. Klinger was absent Monday.
Finance Officer Renee DuLaney, left, receives the Ohio Auditor of State Award with Distinction from Joe Braden, western regional liaison with the Ohio Auditor of State’s workplace, for the audit of yr ended Dec. 31, 2020.
Attain the author at 937-538-4823.